Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Jackson

Jackson is where I spent most of my summer. I visited off and on, spending 4 weeks there total. It was amazing to spend time with all of my family and many friends. While at home, I enjoyed relaxing with my parents and watching my dogs fall in love with my parents' big yard. I was also able to spend a lot of time with Stuart's parents, as well as his sister and our nieces. This summer reminded me of how thankful I am to have such wonderful family!!!

I made a few trips to St. Louis to visit with friends. On my first visit, I had brunch with Sam and Marissa, two friends from college, did lunch with two coworkers from Maple Grove Elementary, and dinner with Ashley and TJ (whom most of you know as my maid of honor and pastor at our wedding). Although I wish I had been able to spend longer with each one of them, I had a great time. My next visit was a stopping point on my way to Richmond, but our friend Pat generously offered me a room for the night, so I spent the evening with him and his sister. We went to the Muny, sat in the free seats, and watched "Damn Yankees," which I really enjoyed! On the third and final visit, I made the trip solely to see Logan and Tyler, my "adopted brothers." We had lunch and went bowling... Logan just turned 16 and Tyler is entering the 5th grade. Talk about making me feel old!!! And I'm only 25!

On August 8th, I headed back to Richmond. It feels really good to be back home. And it feels good to call it home and mean it. I had an amazing summer full of traveling, friends, family, and familiarities in Missouri, but it has made me realize how happy of a life we actually have in Virginia. And one year ago, "happiness in Virginia" was not something I thought to be attainable. So, I suppose the old cliche "home is where the heart is" is true. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment