Saturday, December 8, 2012
Two Months
Height: 22 inches
Weight: 11 lbs, 3 oz
Gunnar is still a very active little boy. His legs and arms never stop moving! He has become much more aware, really checking out his environment and paying more attention to Mom and Dad. He is especially intrigued by Stuart and his wide variety of strange noises and voices. Of course, this new awareness means he is starting to fight sleep. He just doesn't want to close his eyes! Fortunately, nap times are the only battle; he sleeps very well at night! He often sleeps 4-5 hours at a time, so I wake him to nurse before I go to bed and on most nights, it means that I only have to get up with him once! He is exclusively in his cloth diapers now and while we're still struggling with leaks at night, I love the money we're saving and how cute he looks in the little Gpants. :) His stomach problems have gotten much better, but we're still dairy-free around here since it seemed to help. The most exciting development is SMILES! His first smile was at 6 weeks and he's been giving more and more as the weeks go by. Just this morning, he smiled at me the whole time I was un-swaddling him and getting him out of bed. The boy definitely knows how to melt my heart! He is also making more sounds and loves talking to the toys in his pack n' play. He doesn't talk to us much yet because he's too interested in watching us talk to him. Stuart and I have also heard what have to be laughs and they make us so eager to hear him in a couple months!
I went back to work the last week of November. It's a hard transition but it's going well. I'm very grateful for my job, now more than ever, because my part-time hours make it possible for me to bring in some money and get 2 1/2 days at home with my precious boy who's already growing up too fast!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

What an adorable little guy!! lt is hard to believe that Gunnar is already 2 months old!
ReplyDelete