Friday, December 2, 2011

Stuart: Art Director of the Universe

Ok, maybe not the universe. But in this household, he's basically ad Superman right now.

As I mentioned in my last post, Stuart and Tim's Snowball Fight idea for the agency holiday greeting made its way to the top among a lot of other ideas submitted by creatives throughout GSD&M. This week, things really heated up. Or "cooled down," I guess. I apologize for that painfully corny joke. Let's pretend I didn't make it... Anyway, on Tuesday and Wednesday, Stuart spent his work day throwing fake snow at co-workers - everyone from the worker bees to the CEO. We raided our Christmas decorations and other random items for use as props - some of which you'll see when the project is complete. The website should be up and running in about 2 weeks and I'll be so excited to share it with you when the time comes! Stuart's Creative Director is still super excited about the idea and recently told Stuart over a beer (GSD&M just built a bar inside the agency with free beer starting at 4pm) that he really thinks it has the potential to win an award. Stuart doesn't think so... but he tends to play things down. :) Either way, it's a pretty cool project.


Logo covered in fake snow. Convincing, huh?


Stuart and Tim have also been doing a lot of work for the L.L. Bean holiday campaign and this week we started to see the first of the productions! In addition to catching a couple commercials on TV, Washingtonpost.com is using one of the banner ads, which Stuart had a huge hand in. The L.L. Bean creative team at GSD&M created the overall idea for the campaign "the holidays are made here" but Stuart is responsible for the idea of doing all shots for the print and online ads in the Bean factory, as well as the idea to use the conveyor belt to move items across the screen. Click here to go to the Washington Post. If you're lucky, it'll be the first banner ad on the right side that shows up. If not, just navigate a few different pages on their website and it will eventually appear.

Today, a friend let Stuart know that the L.L. Bean ad campaign had been featured in Agency Spy, an online journal for advertising. The commercials are the featured piece and Stuart actually had no part in these - they were finished before he ever started working on the campaign, but the exciting part is that he does receive credit for art direction on the overall campaign. Watch the commercials first if you want, or just go straight to the bottom to see his name, like I did. :)
Click here!


Some of you have also seen Stuart and Tim's Goodyear Blimp banners. Most of them appeared online, but we saw one or two on TV during the football games. I can't find anything online, so keep an eye out!

2 comments:

  1. SO Cool! Great job, Stuart! I haven't been able to find the LLBean advertisement in the post, yet, but I'll keep looking for it. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the updates! Stuart, we are so happy for you! It is great to do something you love, isn't it? Saw the LLBean ads - loved the conveyor belt :-)

    ReplyDelete