Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Spring Break and Recruiter Session

I'm currently enjoying my second day of spring break!!! Woohoo!!!

My friend Rita (the counselor at my school) and I kicked off our week of freedom with a shopping trip at the outlets in Williamsburg. We were there for a loooong time and had a great time... lots of fun! Today I slept in ridiculously late and ordered pizza. Ahh, the life. I wish I could have a "spring break" once a month. :)

Recruiter session starts tomorrow morning at Brandcenter. Stuart has been working countless hours in preparation and it's all coming together tonight. In a few hours, we will go set up his "table" at Brandcenter because the recruiters will start looking tomorrow at 10:00. First-year students are not allowed to be at school at all during recruiter session, and even second-years will be forced to stay out of the way from 10-2 in order to give the recruiters time to look through everyone's work before meeting the students. At 2:00, second-year students will come in and sit at their tables, giving the agency representatives a chance to talk and ask questions. Cocktail hour begins at 5:00, giving everyone the opportunity to meet and mingle. Recruiter session continues on Thursday and ends that afternoon.

There are 177 agency representatives coming, but most agencies are sending more than one person. The final count on agencies will come later. :) Stuart has been sending his website out to several places he's interested in and while the feedback is short and sweet, it's all been very positive. People seem to really like his book and a couple have even expressed interest and are looking forward to meeting him this week. I may be a bit partial, but I think Stuart is incredibly talented and I am optimistic that recruiter session will ultimately result in a job. It's somewhat rare for students to be offered a job on the spot during these two days, but not unheard of. The more likely scenario is that anyone interested in Stuart will go back to their agency and show the creative director his work and if they like what they see, he would be called for an interview. So, cross your fingers and your toes and send up prayers! :)

To look at Stuart's work, click here: stuartknowlan.com

Stuart made the physical copy of his book at home rather than paying $$$ to get one printed at Kinko's. It's a far cry from our original idea, but we both like this end result A LOT. Which is good, because a lot of time was invested. :)

Portfolio!

Business card front...

Business card back.

1 comment:

  1. Thanks Courtney, for telling us exactly what goes on during the recruiting session--we're all praying for Stuart and you too--we know you all are most anxious to know where the next "Knowlan Adventure" is going to be!

    Stuart--viewed your website again and all I can say is--AWESOME!

    Courtney--checked out your pepper steak recipe; very similar to mine, but adding the sugar I think is a good idea (go figure!).

    Love you all; miss you all,
    Mom Crowden

    ReplyDelete