Friday, May 21, 2010

Informances... OVER!!!

This post is simply to say that I am beyond grateful for the end of this week. I didn't teach one class this week without at least 2 parents, and those were the rare cases. I'm so appreciative of the support that the parents have shown and I've gotten all positive feedback. I'm glad I did it for the kids and I'm glad the parents were able to experience it. But more than anything, I'm glad it's over.

Lesson learned. Informances are effective and even enjoyable, but they need to be spread out. I should've figured it would tiring to be an energetic and enthusiastic host on top of what I normally do every day. Not to mention the extra patience required when I'm not able to tell a kid how I really feel about his behavior because his parents, grandparents, and aunt from Timbuktu are in the room with me.

I went out with a bang (and by "a bang", I mean complete and utter exhaustion) today at a Barnes & Noble fundraiser in Williamsburg. I've had a group of 10 girls practicing a Dr. Seuss song and short poem with body percussion... we performed at 6:10 and by 6:30, I was finally able to call it a week. It is now 10:00 on Friday evening and I will be heading to bed shortly.

Teachers are underpaid!!! :) They should give us our own islands upon retirement...

1 comment:

  1. Congrats to you Courtney and all of your hard work!

    ReplyDelete